Agenda: Title today's Google Doc "Editing Plan"
1. Summarize your novel in one sentence. (25-30 words max.)
2. What does editing mean to you?
What do you do when you edit?
3. Look up the definition and come up with an example for the following types of editing:
- developmental edit
- line edit
- copy edit
4. Watch the following video for some tips as we're moving into the edits for your first 5 pages of your NaNoWriMo project. Take notes on anything helpful that stands out to you and/or tips you are planning to use.
- In one color, highlight everything you like and want to keep.
- In a different color, highlight everything you dislike, want to delete or change.
- Add comments in the margins about IDEAS and HOW you want to change your manuscript to make it better.
5. Exit Ticket:
Go back to your project document and comment on the following:
- Where are you hooking your reader?
- How could you make this hook stronger?
- Where are you first introducing your main character?
- Where are you first showing the setting of your story?
- Where are you showing conflict in your opening pages?
- One-sentence summary of your project
- Notes on editing + definitions
- Highlighted draft of your opening pages/first chapter
- Exit Ticket