Language Objective: I will participate in a jigsaw activity to research and present the different elements of the 7-Point Plot Structure.
1. Writing Prompt: Write for 10 minutes.
2. Review your notes from last time (8/24). Which is the most important element of plot in your opinion? Why?
3. 7-Point Plot Structure Jigsaw: With your group, read and add to your class period's slides about the following:
- Group 1: Hook
- Group 2: First Plot Point
- Group 3: Pinch Point 1
- Group 4: Midpoint
- Group 5: Pinch Point 2
- Group 6: Second Plot Point
- Group 7: Resolution
Answer the following questions for your assigned section:
- Summarize the most important aspects of your section in 3-5 points
- What is the main question your assigned plot element needs to answer?
4. Add your work to your group's slide on the following sGoogle Slides:
5. Exit Ticket: Which of the elements of the 7-point plot structure do you think is the most important and why?
- Writing Prompt
- 7-Point Plot Structure Jigsaw Notes
- Exit Ticket