1. Write for 10 minutes on the following prompt: You've sold your soul to the devil some years ago. Today, the devil gives it back and says, "I need a favor."
- What are the basic elements of plot?
- Which ones is the most important?
3. 7-Point Plot Structure Jigsaw: Read the section assigned to the first letter of your last name and answer the two questions below
- Group 1: Hook
- Group 2: First Plot Point
- Group 3: Pinch Point 1
- Group 4: Midpoint
- Group 5: Pinch Point 2
- Group 6: Second Plot Point
- Group 7: Resolution
Answer the following questions for your assigned section:
- Summarize the most important aspects of your section in 3-5 points
- What is the main question your assigned plot element needs to answer?
- Add a picture or GIF that represents your section.
- Give a specific example of your section.
4. With your group, complete the slide for your assigned plot element:
5. Using the example you used last period, outline what happens during each step of the 7-Point plot structure in your chosen example.
6. Exit Ticket. Which of the seven plot elements do you think impacts the plot the most and why?
- Writing Prompt
- Plot structure slides + presentations
- Outline example
- Exit Ticket