Vote for Taylorsville Yearbook's Most Likely category here.
1. First Five Pages Checklist
2. For the next 45 minutes, focus on ONE of the following section (and the points below it) in your edits:
- Establish your main character
- Characterize your main character through their actions and interactions with others
- What does your main character want? (goal)
- What will happen if your main characters doesn't get what they want? (motivation)
- What stops your character from getting what they want? (conflict)
- Who is your character interacting with? How do their interactions show who they are?
- How are you hooking your reader?
- Anything you need to add to or cut from your opening pages?
- How do you establish your story's main conflict?
- What is the setting of your story?
- How does the setting matter to your character and your plot?
- How can you describe your setting from your character's unique perspective?
3. Peer Critiques (Find two others to read your work). Share your document via GoogleDrive and switch to Suggesting. Comment and make suggestions based on the following:
- What is working?
- What is confusing?
- What do you want to see more of?
4. Exit Ticket:
- What did you accomplish today?
- What did you struggle with and how did you deal with this struggle?
- What are your next steps?
- Peer Comments
- Exit Ticket