1. Writing Prompt: Plot Twist! One of your characters is actually alive and knows that you have written whatever happens in their life. They meet with your to have a Talk. Where do you meet, what do you talk about, and what happens next?
2. Listen to Season 1, Episode 5 of the Writing Excuses Podcast. Take notes of what you learn about heroes, protagonists, and main characters.
3. Create your own character for your novel/novella/short story. Use this character profile to get started. Brainstorm any other questions that apply to your character.
4. For 10 minutes, write a scene that introduces your character. Start with a moment of action that shows your character's strengths and flaws.
5. Exit Ticket: Describe your character's most important attributes in 3-5 sentences.
- Writing Prompt
- Writing Excuses Notes
- Character Profile
- Exit Ticket