Title your Google Doc for today "Plot Structure"
1. Writing Prompt: You have been kidnapped and the characters of the last TV show you watched are coming to rescue you. Write a story about this for 10 minutes.
2. Follow the slides below:
- Group 1: Hook (Read if your last name starts with A-C)
- Group 2: First Plot Point (Read if your last name starts with D-F)
- Group 3: Pinch Point 1 (Read if your last name starts with G-K)
- Group 4: Midpoint (Read if your last name starts with L-N)
- Group 5: Pinch Point 2 (Read if your last name starts with (O-R)
- Group 6: Second Plot Point (Read if your last name starts with S-U)
- Group 7: Resolution (Read if your last name starts with V-Z)
Use the following links for your research (only check out your specific plot element). Add any other information you find as well.
- Master Class: 7-Point Plot Structure
- Dan Wells 7 Point Plot Structure
- The Farah Project: 7 Point Plot Structure and Outlining
Answer the following questions for your assigned section:
- Summarize the most important aspects of your section in 3-5 points
- What is the main question your assigned plot element needs to answer?
- Add an image or GIF that shows what this plot element is all about
4. With your group, complete the slide for your assigned plot element. Distance Learners: choose one element and answer the questions in your Google Doc for today.
- 7-Point Plot Structure Slides (Face-To-Face Students)
5. Exit Ticket. Which of the seven plot elements do you think impacts the plot the most and why?
- Writing Prompt
- 7-Plot Point Jigsaw (your notes on your section) and slides (start this today; we'll finish this next period)
- Plot Element Questions
- Exit Ticket