Language Objective: I will write a memorable character introduction.
1. Writing Prompt #11: Use "I Need a Prompt" to create your own prompt. Copy it into your GoogleDoc and write about it for 10 minutes.
2. Watch/Read along with the following character introductions. Open a new GoogleDoc, title it "Character Introductions". Take notes about what these introductions tell us about these characters.
- Sherlock Holmes (BBC adaptation)
- Nick (Sarah Rees Brennan - THE DEMON'S LEXICON)
- A (David Levithan - EVERY DAY)
- Alexia Tarabotti (Gail Carriger - SOULLESS)
3. What is your favorite fictional character? How are they first introduced? What about this introduction makes them especially memorable?
4. Let's create a list of Dos and Don'ts for great character introductions: Write your thoughts on how to write a great character introductions on this Padlet.
5. Spend the rest of the period writing your own character introduction for a character you would use in a shorter or longer fiction piece. Add this introduction to the same GoogleDoc you have been taking your notes on.
6. Sign-Up sheet for Book Presentations.
Sign up for a slot for your presentation. Your presentation should include the following:
- Introduce the book you chose and explain what the book is about.
- Share your favorite lines or passages from the book you chose.
- What can you learn from this book as a writer? What is the author doing especially well/especially badly?
- Writing Prompt #11
- Character Introduction Notes
- Character Introduction (Rough Draft)
- Book Presentation Sign-Up