1. Read Brandon Sanderson's Pep Talk about finding the spark in your writing.
2. How have you failed before? What have you learned from this failure?
When have you felt a "spark" that meant you just had to keep going with whatever you were doing? How can you apply this to your writing?
3. Write for 25 minutes.
4. Group check-in:
- Share a line or part you just wrote that you really liked.
- What are you stuck on? Ask your group members for feedback or to be a sounding board for ideas.
- What is happening next in your story? How could you put a twist on what people would expect to happen next?
- How can you make your character more proactive and have them actively influence the plot, rather than having the plot steer them?
5. Write for 25 minutes.
6. Exit Ticket:
- What did you accomplish today?
- What is a line you wrote today that you really loved?
- How are you going to keep the plot moving forward?
- List three things you want to accomplish next period
- Two writing sprints (25 minutes each, 50 minutes total)
- Exit Ticket