1. Writing Prompt: Write a story using the following prompt from any character's point of view. Write for 10 minutes.
2. Did you watch the Batman v. Superman Movie? If so, what was your opinion on it? What worked? What didn't?
- What stood out to you?
- What is the difference between moments and scenes?
- How can you use this in your own writing?
3. Read the article "Writing Patterns into Fiction: Scene and Sequel"
- What are definitions and structure of scene and sequel in your own words?
- List an example of scene and sequel and how they are structured (list the three steps of scene and the three steps of sequel for your example) from a book, movie or tv show?
- What are the benefits of using the model of scene and sequel in your own writing?
- What are the drawbacks of using the scene/sequel model in your writing?
4. Brainstorm one scene and one sequel from your own work. You have five minutes to outline your scene and your sequel. Then write the scene and sequel in as much detail as you can. You have the rest of the period to do this. Be prepared to share your work.
5. Exit Ticket:
- List three things you have learned this period
- List two things about how understanding scene and sequel can help you in your own writing
- List one question you still have about scene and sequel
- Writing Prompt
- Moments vs. Scenes notes
- Scene and Sequel article notes
- Your scene and sequel
- Exit Ticket