1. Writing Prompt: Writ e for 10 minutes.
While trying to pronounce the names of IKEA furniture, you accidentally summon a demon.
2. What is "Voice" and why is it important when showing who a character is?
3. Read the following article: "How to define your Character's Voice" and take notes on the following:
- What are important considerations when it comes to voice?
- What, in your opinion, is the most important aspect when it comes to creating character voice? Why? Answer in 3-5 sentences.
4. Who is something in your life who has a very distinctive voice? What do they sound like? What are some of their verbal ticks?
For 10 minutes, write a scene of them interacting with someone they know very well. Pay special attention to what kind of voice they are talking with and apply what you learned from the "How to define your Character's Voice" article.
5. Make up any missing work. Everything is due by Friday, October 18, 11:59 PM.
- Writing Prompt
- Notes on Voice
- Example scene with voice