1. Writing Prompt: Write for 10 minutes.
3. Who are your favorite supporting characters?
- What makes them memorable?
- How are they important to your protagonist?
4. Writing Excuses Season 1, Episode 33 on Supporting Characters
Take notes on the following:
- How do you create memorable side (supporting) characters?
- What are some things you should avoid when creating supporting characters?
5. Types of Supporting Characters
6. Brainstorm and create at least two of your own supporting characters:
- Give your supporting character a fascinating backstory.
- Give your supporting character a defining quality, quirk, or flaw.
- Give your supporting character a distinctive voice.
- Give your supporting character their own arc.
- Focus on why your supporting character is important to the protagonist.
- Writing Prompt
- Supporting Character and Writing Excuses Notes
- Supporting Character Brainstorming