1. Writing Prompt:
- Your definition of the genre
- A visual representation of the genre
- Expectations of the genre: What does your writing have to have in order to fall into this genre?
- Examples of the genre
- Any subgenres
- Anything else people should know about t his genre
You will present your one-pager with your group afterward.
- Realistic Fiction
- Science Fiction
- Historical Fiction
- Literary Fiction
3. Present your genre one-pagers with your group.
4. Read the book you are currently reading for 10 minutes. After reading and based on what you have read so far, answer the following questions:
- What genre is your book in?
- How do you know? How does the author establish genre in this book?
- How does the book meet or not meet the expectations of this genre?
5. What type of story (short story, novelette, novella, novel) are you planning to write for your longer project? How did you make this choice?
What genre(s) are you going to write in? What influenced your choice and what elements and expectations of your chosen genre(s) are you going to explore?
Name your Google Doc for today "Genres, Part 2." Include the following:
- writing prompt
- a photo of your one-pager
- your notes on your currently reading book
- genre notes on your writing project