Take a school survey. Go to tetrastart.com and put in the access code 742953.
1. Write the Story: The Problems of Celebrities
Include the following words in your prompt and write for 10 minutes:
| || |
- dialogue tag
- beat (in dialogue)
4. Listen to the following episode of Writing Excuses and take notes on best ways to combine dialogue with blocking and description.
Discuss best practices for combining description, blocking, and dialogue.
5. Exercise: Using Narration and Context to Shape Dialogue
Use Mary Robinette Kowal's transcript and write two different settings and contexts with the same dialogue. Be prepared to share your work.
6. 5-Sentence Summary: What is your takeaway from today's lesson on combining dialogue with blocking and description.
Sentence 1: Your overall takeaway.
Sentence 2-4: List specific things you learned and how are you going to use this?
Sentence 5: What is something you are planning to work on with your dialogue?
- Writing Prompt
- Notes on Writing Excuses
- Narration and Context Exercise (two scenarios, same dialogue)