1. Writing Prompt: Write for 10 minutes.
Your character and their friends raid Area 51. What do they find? Try to be as descriptive as possible.
3. Rewrite the following sentences to SHOW rather than TELL:
- He was scared.
- She was angry.
- They were surprised.
- He was in love.
4. When is it better to tell than to show?
5. Write the inciting incident of your story: What gets the actual story moving?
- Round one: List everything that is going to happen in this scene (telling). -- Write for 10 minutes.
- Highlight the pieces that are absolutely necessary for this scene.
- Round two: Show what is happening in as much sensory detail as possible. - Write for 10 minutes.
- Highlight the pieces you want to keep.
- Writing Prompt
- Show and Tell Notes
- Rewrite to show
- Inciting Incident Show/Tell