Title today's Google Doc "Point of View" and today's date.
1. Writing Prompt: Write for 10 minutes:
- Whose point of view is this scene from? How do you know this?
- What do you learn about this character both explicitly and implicitly?
5. Read this article on Point of View and take notes on these different points of view:
- First Person Point of View
- Third Person Limited Point of View
- Third Person Omniscient Point of View
- Second Person Point of View
6. Now, rewrite your character's introductory scene (beneath the one you originally wrote) from a different point of view (switch from first to third omniscient, from third limited to first, etc.)
7. Exit Ticket: Which point of view felt more natural to you? Why? Give some examples where changing point of view was easier or harder.
- Writing Prompt
- Notes on character intro scene
- Your character intro scene
- Notes on POV
- Rewrite character intro from different POV
- Exit Ticket