1. First Five Pages Checklist
- What does your character sound like?
- What are words that only your character would use to describe things and people?
- Where are you maybe being inconsistent OR over-doing it?
- What is your voice? How can you get this across in your writing?
3. Peer Critiques (Find two others to read your work). Share your document via GoogleDrive and switch to Suggesting. Comment and make suggestions based on the following:
- What is working?
- What is confusing?
- What do you want to see more of?
4. Exit Ticket:
- What conscious choices did you make when it comes to using Voice in your work?
- How did you differentiate author voice and character voice?
- What was the most difficult thing about writing a consistent, engaging, and original Voice for your characters?
Assignments: Content Edits Day 3
- Peer Comments
- Exit Ticket