1. Writing Prompt: Look around the room and pick an object. For ten minutes, write a story from the point of view of that object.
2. Read the article "Differences between a Short Story, Novelette, Novella, and a Novel."
After reading, write down a word count and definition for the following:
- Short Story
3. With your group, research your assigned genre. Create a one-pager that contains the following in a way that's aesthetically pleasing:
- Your definition of the genre
- A visual representation of the genre
- Expectations of the genre: What does your writing have to have in order to fall into this genre?
- Examples of the genre
- Any subgenres
- Anything else people should know about t his genre
You will present your one-pager with your group afterward.
- Realistic Fiction
- Science Fiction
- Historical Fiction
- Literary Fiction
4. Exit Ticket: Which type and genre (subgenre, if applicable) is your project going to be? Why did you choose this type and genre?
- Writing Prompt
- Short story, novelette, novella, novel notes
- Genre one-pager
- Exit Ticket