Language Objective: I will identify and understand the set-up, inciting incident, and rising action of a novel plot. I will begin to develop a progression of events for their own novel by creating and pacing the set-ups, inciting incidents, and rising action in their own novels.
1. Writing Prompt:
Someone passes you and a friend a leaflet. This leaflet changes both of your lives and on that day you become enemies.
2. Word of the Day
3. Book Presentations
4. Think-Pair-Share: What is plot?
5. Plot Roller Coaster: Novels
6. Alternative forms of plot
7. Plot your Novel Handout (answer questions in your GoogleDoc for today)
8. Workshop and improve plot outline
In your GoogleDoc for today, include the following:
- Writing Prompt
- Your group's example of a Plot Rollercoaster of a novel you know
- Your Novel Outline (questions on handout and YOUR plot Rollercoaster)