Language Objective: I will perform my poem in front of class and create an online portfolio to showcase and reflect on my work.
1. Writing Prompt #8: Library: Write for 10 minutes.
2. Perform your free verse poem or any poem that has already been published in front of class.
3. Create an online portfolio using weebly.com, blogspot.com or any website of your choosing. (If you already have an online portfolio, you can make a new page for your Creative Writing pieces.)
You may customize your site as you wish. This is meant to be a place to showcase you, your writing, and your ideas.
Make sure your online portfolio contains the following:
- a brief bio or introduction of yourself
- a page for poetry, one for short fiction, and one for long fiction (for now)
4. Once you set up your pages, go to your Poetry page, post your Free Verse poem and write a short reflection below your Free Verse poem addressing the following:
- What was your process in creating this poem? How did you approach it?
- What did you struggle with when writing this assignment?
- What do you feel really stands out about this assignment? What was your favorite part?
- What would you do differ differently/improve next time?
- Upload Writing Prompt #8
- Create and share the link to your online portfolio (this assignment will be a "Text Entry Only" assignment, just copy/paste the link to your portfolio in there.)