Language Objective: I will create a complex character using a character interview.
1. Writing Prompt #12: Volunteering at a homeless shelter, you learn an interesting person's unbelievable story.
You have 10 minutes to write.
2. Sign-Up sheet for Book Presentations.
Sign up for a slot for your presentation. Your presentation should include the following:
- Introduce the book you chose and explain what the book is about.
- Share your favorite lines or passages from the book you chose.
- What can you learn from this book as a writer? What is the author doing especially well/especially badly?
3. Sample Book Presentation: Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files
4. Write a character interview to get to know your character.
- Begin with writing WHERE this interview takes place
- Ask your character at least 20 questions. Your goal is to find out as much as possible about their background, personality, conflicts, passions, fears, etc.
5. What was the most interesting question you asked/response you received?
6. Exit Ticket: What would be an active way to introduce this character in an effective, memorable way?
- Writing Prompt #12
- Character Interview
- Exit Ticket