1. Writing Prompt: Describe your character's favorite place or the place they are the most comfortable in using all five senses.
Write for 10 minutes.
2. Outline your Project for NaNoWriMo. You have all period to brainstorm and answer the following questions. Feel free to talk out any questions with the rest of your group, but keep your discussion on topic.
- Summarize the idea for your story in one sentence.
- Expand your one-sentence summary to one paragraph. Structure your paragraph as a beginning, three disasters, and an ending.
- Sentence 1: Beginning of your story.
- Sentence 2-4: Each sentence describes one disaster or bad thing that happens to your character. Make sure they get progressively worse.
- Sentence 5: The resolution (ending) of your story
- Expand your paragraph to the 7-Point Plot Structure Outline:
- Hook: How are you going to get readers interested in your story?
- First Plot Point: What sets the actual story in motion?
- Pinch 1: How do things get worse for your character?
- Midpoint: What big event changes things for your character with no turning back? How do they go from reactive to active?
- Pinch 2: How do things get even worse for your character? (This should be their lowest point where all seems lost.)
- Second Plot Point: How does your character figure out what they need to do to achieve their goal/get what they want/make this work?
- Climax/Resolution: How does your story end?
- Who is your main character?
- What is their goal? (What do they want?)
- What is their motivation? (Why do they want it?)
- What is their conflict? (What happens if they don't get what they want?)
- Where does your story take place? Add some pictures that inspire the setting for your project.
- When does your story take place? Add some pictures that inspire the time period your story takes place in.
- Make a mind map about everything you know about your story.
- List any questions you still need to answer about your story.
3. Sign up for CampNaNoWrimo. Create your project and set a goal. List your username, project title, and goal on your document for today.
- Writing Prompt
- Outlining Questions