1. Read Erin Morgenstern's NaNoWriMo Pep Talk about Excavating and Writing Tips
2. What have you "excavated" in your writing that surprised you? How is your work different now than it was when you first started?
Which one of Erin Morgenstern's tips do you think is the most helpful to you right now? Why?
3. Write for 25 minutes.
4. Group check-in:
- Share a line or part you just wrote that you really liked.
- What are you stuck on? Ask your group members for feedback or to be a sounding board for ideas.
- What is happening next in your story? How could you put a twist on what people would expect to happen next?
- How can you make your character more proactive and have them actively influence the plot, rather than having the plot steer them?
5. Write for 25 minutes.
6. Exit Ticket:
- What did you accomplish today?
- What is a line you wrote today that you really loved?
- How are you going to keep the plot moving forward?
- List three things you want to accomplish next period
- Two writing sprints (25 minutes each, 50 minutes total)
- Exit Ticket