Title your Google Doc for today: "Humans of T-Ville Interviews"
1. For 10 minutes, read through as many of the interviews on the Humans of New York website as you can. Choose three that left a particular impact on you.
For the next 10 minutes, answer the following questions:
- Which 3 stories stood out to you and why?
- What question or questions do you think the interviewer asked this person?
- What about their responses was surprising to you?
- How did the interviewer show this person's story?
- What was your emotional response to the stories you read? What are you taking away from them?
2. For 10 minutes, check over your 5-10 interview questions that you came up with last period. How could you add to or improve them to truly get to know whoever you are interviewing? Add possible follow-up questions that can help you get more in depth answers or clarification.
3. Partner up with someone who has the same color, type, brand (etc.) of SHOE as you have. Make sure your chosen partner is NOT someone you already know extremely well. You will be given 10 minutes to interview them. PLEASE RECORD YOUR INTERVIEWS ON YOUR PHONE OR CHROMEBOOK, to get exactly what the person you are interviewing is saying. After 10 minutes, you will switch and your partner will interview you.
For best results, please follow these rules:
- Talk as openly and honestly as you can.
- Listen actively and ask follow-up questions as needed.
- Don't be judgmental. The goal of this is to get personal, so don't shut down your interview partner.
4. After your interview, listen to and transcribe your interviews on your Google Doc for today. This might take a while, but the point is to make sure to get exactly what your partner has told you and to review the interview to identify the parts that were particularly insightful, interesting, and/or powerful.
5. Exit Ticket:
- What was your experience as the person conducting the interview like?
- What was your experience as the person being interviewed?
- What new and/or interesting things did you learn about your partner?
- Anything you would do differently if you did this interview again with the same person?
Submit your document to the "Humans of T-Ville Interviews" assignment on Canvas:
- Humans of NY responses
- Your Interview questions
- Your interview transcript
- Exit Ticket