1. Title today's Google Doc "Flash Fiction Outline." For 10 minutes, write a story about the following photo:
Note: I want your flash fiction to be exactly 300 words once it's edited in its entirety. We will rough draft your piece on Thursday and I don't want you to go over 500 words in your rough draft, so just keep that in mind as you come up with ideas.
3. To generate ideas for your flash fiction, fill out this Flash Fiction Outlining Guide. To fill it out, copy/paste the guide into your Google Doc for today.
Try to answer each question as completely as you can. Remember that any idea, whether real or imagined, and any genre works for this. Just keep the draft you will be working on next time under 500 words but still make it impactful and follow the five S's Katey Schultz mentions in the video above.
4. Exit Ticket: Journal Prompt: What would a perfect week ahead look like? What steps can you take now to make this (or at least part of it) happen?
- Writing Prompt
- Flash Fiction Outling Guide
- Exit Ticket Journal Prompt