Language Objective: I will outline and rough draft my own 300-word flash fiction piece.
- Complete the Flash Fiction Outline Organizer to outline your story.
- Write your rough draft of your flash fiction piece. Pay close attention to the following:
- Use both explicit and implicit characterization
- Use unique, non-cliche significant details
- Make sure your story focuses on a moment of action
- Make sure your story has a beginning, middle, and end
- While your final draft should be 300 words exactly (no more, no less), don’t worry about your overall word count in this first draft. Just tell the story.
3. Spend the last ten minutes of class sharing your story with a partner. Discuss what is working well and what you are stuck with--they might help get you un-stuck.
- Submit your outline organizer and the rough draft of your flash fiction piece in one document on CANVAS