Language Objective: I will write or record a review of the book I read this quarter and write a letter to myself reviewing what I have learned in relation to my goals this year.
1. Write or use the Webcam setting in Screencastify to record a review of the book you read this quarter. Written book reviews should be one page in length. Recorded book reviews should not exceed 5 minutes.
Please include the following in your review:
- a short summary of the book
- Why did you choose to read this book?
- What were your expectations for this book before you started reading?
- How complex were the characters?
- How did the characters develop?
- What did you think of the dialogue used?
- How complex and intriguing was the plot?
- What were your favorite/least favorite parts (include quotes if you can)?
- How did/didn't the book hold up to your expectations?
- Who would you recommend this book to?
- Rate your book between 1 (I didn't like it), 2 (it was okay), 3 (I liked it), 4 (I really liked it), and 5 (it was amazing!)
Share your book review with email@example.com
2. Write a letter to yourself (or your Sophomore Self) about the following:
- What were your goals for this year (for high school)?
- Have you accomplished these goals? How or how not?
- How have you grown throughout this year (throughout high school)?
- What do you wish you had known before this year (you started high school)?
- If you could go back and do it all over again, what would you change?
- What does the future hold for you?
- How are you going to accomplish it?
3. Complete the English 2014/15 Feedback Form