ALL ASSIGNMENTS ARE DUE BY MIDNIGHT TODAY!
Finish and submit your final Spoken Word Poem. Follow these steps:
1. Re-read your poem and check for overall flow (if you stumble over words or replace words with others, you should make these changes).
2. Split your poem into lines (and stanzas, if applicable). Figure out where you want to place emphasis and want to pause and where your poem shifts to determine how long your lines are. DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR POEM AS A PARAGRAPH.
3. Come up with a title for your poem. Put that title into quotation marks at the top of your poem.
4. Go through and tighten your language. What can you say in fewer or more specific words? Make these changes.
5. Heighten the emotional impact of your poem. Your goal with Spoken Word Poetry is to hit your audience in the feels. See where you can get more "real" and more specific in your language and examples.
6. Get two other people's feedback on your poem. Ask them what is working, what's confusing, and what they want to hear more about. Make these changes. Also, ask them how this poem makes them feel. Depending on their reaction, you might want to make some changes or heighten some things.
7. Re-read your poem for overall flow. Run it through Grammarly to eliminate any grammatical issues.
8. Submit your poem, including its title, as a clean, final draft. Make sure you have no open comments or suggestions.
If you have leftover time, work on make-up assignments.
- Submit your final Spoken Word Poem
- Submit all make-up assignments you still have.