1. Read your chosen Quarter 1 Book for 15 minutes.
2. Reading Journal: Write for 5 minutes.
- How does your book start? What is the setup for the story and what do you learn about plot and characters?
- Pick one quote that resonated with you. Cite it, including page number or location (Kindle, Audio) and explain why this line stood out to you and how it fits into what you read.
2. Daily Dose of Grammar: Choose the correct sentence from each pair:
- a) Hair bands were big in the 80s.
- b) Hair bands were big in the 80's.
- a) The men's volleyball team has a new coach this year.
- b) The mens' volleyball team has a new coach this year.
3. Discuss: What makes a website effective? What are some of your favorites?
4. Go to weebly.com and set up your professional ePortfolio. Follow the video tutorial here:
- Home Page (this is the first page people see when they pull up your page), containing:
- A short bio (3-5 sentences about yourself; stick to third person)
- Your three questions from last period (edit this first)
- (If you are comfortable) A professional picture of you
- Blog page: For writing prompts and journal entries
- Projects page: For longer, edited projects, essays, and videos
Customize your ePortfolio to truly make it "yours."
5. On your home page: Add three long-term (post-graduation) and three short-term (within the next year) goals. Keep them professional or related to you as a person. For each goal, add two bullet points about how you are planning to accomplish your goal.
6. Submit the LINK (check the video how to do this) to your portfolio on CANVAS.
- Reading Journal (Put this in your "journal" either physical journal or digitally in your google docs "journal" folder)
- Daily Dose of Grammar (in journal)
- ePortfolio Link and Goals (share link on Canvas)