1. Read I Am Malala, Chapter 8.
Reading Journal: Write about anything that stood out to you in this chapter. What could you connect to, made you think or ask questions? Include specific textual evidence and write for five minutes.
2. Finish up your research for your letter to your representative. You need at least 3-5 sources. Analyze and list the following for each of your sources:
- Relevance (list the parts of your sources you are going to use in your letter)
- Purpose (make sure the purpose of your source is to provide information)
3. Write a rough draft for your Letter to Your Representative. Use these sources and examples to help you write this letter:
4. Requirements for your Letter to Your Representative: Follow this checklist.
5. Exit Ticket: Highlight and comment on the following in your draft:
- Highlight your claim in one color
- Highlight all sources you used for research in a different color
- Highlight your call to action in a third color
- Comment on one are of your letter you feel works especially well
- Comment on two areas of your letter you feel need to be improved. Add ideas of how you want to improve this.
- Reading Journal
- Letter to Representative Research
- Letter to Representative Draft
- Highlights and Comments from Exit Ticket