Language Objective: I will generate my claim for my argument thesis, write subclaims and identify relevant textual evidence to outline my argument paper.
Essential Question: How do you create effective claims and outline an argumentative essay?
1. Read your Quarter 2 book for 10 minutes.
2. Reading Journal: Examine how your book reflects reality. For five minutes, write about if and how your book is honest about human nature? Is it portraying what it means to be a human in a romanticized or unrealistic way or is your book honest and realistic about human nature?
3. Daily Dose of Grammar:
Which sentence is correct?
- The snail which happened to be yellow was named Squiggly.
- The snail, which happened to be yellow was named Squiggly.
- The snail, which happened to be yellow, was named Squiggly.
4. Follow these slides to respond to/review Siddhartha and generate your claim/subclaims
5. Siddhartha Argumentative Essay Outline
6. Make sure to check off your claim before the end of the period
- Reading Journal and Daily Dose of Grammar
- Siddhartha Response
- Claim and subclaims
- Argumentative Essay Outline