Language Objective: Students will write the opening paragraphs of their personal narratives.
- Bell Work: Read the book for your independent reading projects for 15 minutes.
- Reminder: Due dates for this quarter's work: Personal Narrative due 12/19/13 and 1/6/14; Independent Reading Project and Extra Credit/Make Up Work: 1/10/14
- Personal Narrative Rubric; Narrative needs to be typed, between 700 to 900 words long
- Computer Lab: Write the opening paragraphs of your narrative
- Opening Paragraph: Start where the action is
- opening must show action and the results of your main event
- Paragraph 2: Start your flashback here; move back in time to what happened first to lead up to your climactic event
- Paragraph 3, 4 etc. build up to your climactic event in chronological order
- Use at least two examples of sensory detail per paragraph
- save your writing to a usb drive, GoogleDrive or SkyDrive - you have to have it with you during the next three class periods
- Check the website for Extra Credit opportunities!