Language Objective: I will analyze and compare nonfiction texts in different genres.
1. Read your Quarter 2 book for 15 minutes.
2. Reading Journal:
Evaluate the dialogue in your book. Is it realistic? Do people actually talk this way or does it seem fake or stilted?
3. Daily Dose of Grammar:
Which sentence is correct?
- Yes I do believe that this is the correct answer.
- No, I don’t think this is right.
- Oh maybe the other one is right after all.
4. Watch PBS Documentary Return to the Wild
While watching, take notes on the different perspectives this documentary introduces.
5. Discuss how this documentary changed your perspectives on what motivated Chris.
Which points in the documentary are contradicting each other?
6. Exit Ticket:
How did the documentary change your perspective on Chris McCandless and his motivation?
Why do you think Chris’ story fascinated so many people worldwide?
- Reading Journal and Grammar
- "Return to the Wild" Notes
- Exit Ticket Reflection