1. Read I Am Malala Chapter 11: "The Clever Class" pages 135-146.
- Make one connection (text-to-self, text-to-text or text-to-world) to anything you read in this chapter. Include why you made this connection.
- List the line or passage you consider most important in this chapter. Include textual evidence and justify your choice.
- List one question that shows your deeper understanding of the chapter you just read. Justify why it is a good question that helps develop deeper thinking skills.
2. Watch the following vlogs on the cost of college:
Share-out: Have one representative of your group summarize what your group discussed and share it with the class.
4. Discussion: What makes a vlog effective?
- What is each vlogger doing well in their vlog?
- What could they improve?
- Based on this, what are components of an effective, engaging vlog?
5. Informational Vlog Assignment
With a partner or groups up to three, decide on an informational video blog topic (you may use any of the topics you covered in your letter to your representative or come up with a new topic).
- length 2-3 minutes
- must be informational
- should be on one of your tops for your letter
- must contain at least one infographic
- must contain at least five cited sources of information
Your schedule for this assignment is as follows:
- Tuesday, December 12: Research (information, data, pictures)
- Thursday, December 14: Vlog outline and story board due
- Monday, December 18: Adobe Spark/iMovie tutorial, begin working on vlog
- Wednesday, December 20: Continue producing vlog
- Tuesday, January 2: Finish and upload vlog
- Thursday, January 4: View and evaluate vlog
6. Grade Checks and work on missing assignments.
- Reading Journal
- Vlog Response
- Notes on what makes a vlog effective