1. You are going to use the interviews you have conducted to write a 300-500 word profile story about the person you interviewed.
Check out the following three examples of a profile story from The Warrior Ledger:
2. After reading, list the following in your document:
- 3 things you learned about the students portrayed in these articles
- 2 things you learned about how to write profile stories like this from reading them
- 1 thing you want to try in your own profile story
3. Outline your profile story in your Google doc. Consider the following:
- What are some overall topics or themes that came up in your interview? (For example: friendships, life experiences, passions, memories, etc.)
- How do you want to start the story?
- What's the most interesting or unusual bit you learned about your person from their interview?
- What quotes from your interview are you going to use and in which order will you use them?
- What other information or research do you need?
4. Write a rough draft of your profile story. Aim for 300-500 words and use your quotes from the interview as well as any background information or other details you can add to transition from one quote to the next.
5. Exit Ticket:
- What overarching theme or topic did you pick for your profile story?
- What is the strongest point in your story?
- What is something you need to edit or refine?
- Notes on profile story from The Warrior Ledger
- Rough Draft
- Exit Ticket