Language Objective: I will create an electronic portfolio to showcase my class work using Weebly.
Today you will be creating your class portfolio. Please watch the videos below for instructions of how to set up, build, and customize your e-Portfolio. We will be using this throughout the year.
As you are setting up your portfolio, keep in mind that this should be a professional representation of who you are and what you do at school. Please customize every page on your portfolio.
Here is a quick overview of what your portfolio should contain:
- 3 Pages:
- Home: This is an introduction about you: Post your writing on "My Name," the answers to the three questions I asked you at the beginning of the school year (Who does society tell you to be? Who are you really? Who do you want to be?) and your "I Am From" poem (if you are comfortable sharing it).
- Blog (make sure this is set up as a Blog page): a new post titled "Origins" with your writing on last period's writing prompt. Please add to or edit your writing if necessary.
- Projects (this should be a standard page): Embed your Photo Challenge slideshow here. To do this, open your Google Slides for the photo challenge, go to File->Publish on the Web->and hit publish. Copy/paste the embed code into an "Embed Code" icon that you drag onto the page.
- Remember to hit "Publish" when done and submit the blue link for your site on CANVAS under "Website URL."
- Fully customize your page. Make it yours and make it professional. Feel free to add your resume or pictures of things that you feel passionate about.
Follow these videos for detailed instructions on how to set up your e-Portfolio and what to put on each page:
E-Portfolio Setup: Part 1
E-Portfolio Setup: Part 2
- Post your e-Portfolio link on Canvas as a website URL