Language Objective: I will analyze and discuss Trump's executive order regarding the ban of immigrants
Follow the instructions in this lesson plan:
1. Warm-Up: What have you heard about Trump's executive order to ban immigrants from Muslim countries?
2. Watch the video.
- What is your reaction?
- What questions arise for you after watching this?
3. Read and take notes on: Trump's Executive Order on Immigration: What We Know and What We Don't
4. Group Readings: Use this PDF and annotate it using Kami
Answer your group's question(s) and report your findings to the rest of the class.
5. Opinions on Trump's executive order: debate
6. Follow up: What is happening right now:
- Where Trump's Travel Ban Stands
- Trump Clashes Early with Courts, Portending Years of Legal Battles
- The President Has Much Power over Immigration, but How Much?
- Submit your notes on Trump's Executive Order on Immigration