Language Objective: Students will write a reflection on their argument papers and update their ePortfolios.
1.) Bell Work: Read The Book Thief for 15 minutes. After reading, answer the following questions:
- Briefly summarize what you read.
- List two main details that stood out to you. Explain why they stood out to you.
- Make a connection to what you read.
- Make a contrast to what you read.
- List two questions you still have after reading.
3.) General feedback on papers: make sure that all of your sentences are clear, your paragraphs are focused and that you cite your sources.
4.) Write a reflection on your argument paper (about 150-200 words) Consider the following questions for your reflection:
- Briefly summarize your argument. What where some of your main arguments for your position?
- What kind of research and background info factored into the writing of your argument paper?
- What were some difficulties you encountered in researching and writing your paper?
- What were some of the strengths of your paper?
- What were some of the weaknesses of your paper?
- How would you improve/revise this paper and how would you change your approach if you did it again?
- What skills did you learn from this assignment?
6.) After publishing, fill out the Portfolio URL form if you have NOT already sent me your link.
- Bell Work
- Portfolio URL Form (only if I do NOT have your portfolio link yet!)