Language Objective: I will identify and analyze basic components, structure, and relevance of graphic novels.
1. Read your Quarter 4 Book for 15 minutes.
2. Reading Journal:
Write for 5 minutes about anything that stands out to you in your reading. Make sure to include textual evidence.
3. Daily Dose of Grammar:
Which sentences are correct?
- I went to a Nirvana concert in the 1990’s.
- I went to a Nirvana concert in the 1990s.
- I have all of their CDs.
- I have all of their CD’s.
4. Write for 5 minutes on the following question:
What is your favorite comic? Why?
5. What makes a great comic? Come up with at least 3 criteria and add it to your class' Padlet:
Great Comics 4A
Great Comics 1B
Great Comics 3B
Great Comics 4B
6. What is the difference between a comic and a graphic novel?
7. Components of a Graphic Novel.
8. 99 Ways to tell a story
9. Do you have to be an artist to draw a comic or graphic novel?
10. Writing Prompt: Are comics "only for kids"? Write for 5 minutes.
11. Exit Ticket: How can you turn your flash fiction story into a graphic novel?
Outline and jot down ideas for 10 minutes.
- Reading Journal
- Graphic Novel notes
- Writing Prompt
- Exit Ticket