1. Participate in the CRAAP Test Review Kahoot. Distance Learners, take the Kahoot quiz here and use this Pin: 07450047
2. For 10 minutes, read about any social issue that currently interests you. You can do your own research or use one of these news outlets to find information on this issue:
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post
- The Wall Street Journal
- Huffington Post
- The Salt Lake Tribune
- The Deseret News
3. After reading, answer these questions about the issue you chose:
- List 3 ways this issue impacts people or you personally
- List 2 things you feel people should be more informed about/know more about when it comes to this issue
- List 1 question you have about this issue that needs to be answered
4. Make a copy of the Issue Assessment worksheet and answer all the questions on the sheet for the issue of making sure schools limit the spread of COVID-19. You may work individually, in partners, or as a group.
5. Propose a solution: Based on the issue assessment you just completed, what would be possible solutions to make schools as safe as possible for students, teachers, and staff? Be sure to consider both collective and individual implications and responsibilities. In your group, draft a five-sentence solution for this issue:
- Sentence 1: What should be done?
- Sentence 2-3: What evidence do you have that this would work?
- Sentence 4-5: What would be the consequences if someone doesn't follow the rule?
6. Exit Ticket (include this on the bottom of your Issue Assessment):
Write a 5-sentence response, addressing the following points:
- What did you take away from what you learned this period?
- What connections did you make?
- What were your points of confusion?
- CRAAP Test Review Kahoot Game Pin: 07450047
- Current Events 3-2-1
- Issue Assessment and proposed solution for cellphone use in the classroom
- Exit Ticket