1. Finish your rough draft and copy/paste it into a new Google Doc. Title the Doc [Your Name] Hero's Journey.
- Formatting: 12pt Times New Roman, double-spaced, indent first line, no spaces between paragraphs
- Come up with a good title for your essay (make it interesting; don't just put "Hero's Journey")
- Check your paragraphs. Make sure to start a new paragraph whenever you change subject, time, place, or an element in your hero's journey.
- Run your rough draft through Grammarly (sign up with your Google account) and fix all spelling and grammar issues.
2. Highlight and comment on the following parts in your rough draft:
- 3 paragraphs/ideas/elements of the hero's journey that you feel like you need to polish or need help improving
- 2 areas where you could add more detail. Add some ideas for things you could add (or tighten, if your draft is really long already)
- 1 area that is your favorite. Comment with what you are doing well and why you think this is a really strong part of your essay
3. Self Assessment: Use the checklist to make sure your Hero's Journey fits all of the requirements. Copy/paste the checklist into the bottom of your draft and score your draft as it is right now. Determine its strong points and where you can work on improvement.
Below the checklist, write a five sentence summary (at least one sentence per item on the checklist) justifying why you gave yourself the score you did.
3. Peer Review: Share your Hero's Journey with two others via GoogleDocs.
Have your partners use the checklist to score your draft and give you feedback. Copy/paste the completed checklist with scores and justification of why you awarded this score into the bottom of their draft. I should see both your self assessment and your partners' scoring of your draft on the bottom of your rough draft.
4. Edit your draft based on your partners' feedback and submit it on CANVAS.
Edit grammar and spelling using Grammarly and any other resources.
- Submit your Hero's Journey (including feedback) on CANVAS.