1. Go to Amazon and look up any reviews for the book you read during Quarter 1. Choose one five-star and one one or two-star review to compare. Once you read a few reviews and have chosen two, list the following:
- 3 things that in your opinion make a review effective or helpful
- 2 things a review should address (plot, character, writing, etc.)
- 1 thing that you specifically want to add to your review because the reviews you read haven't mentioned it or didn't mention it in detail
2. Book Review Assignment:
Write a 250-300-word review of your quarter 1 book. Check out the video below on what to consider when writing a book review:
In your review, include the following:
- FAVORITE LINE(S):
- REVIEW: This is the main body of your review and make be coherent and expand on your reading journals. This part should be about 250 words long. Include things you liked and that stood out to you, such as writing style, characterization, plot (avoid spoilers), tropes (ideas that are similar across many stories) and how they were handled, favorite lines or things that didn't work for you, and whether you would ultimately recommend this book and what kinds of readers would like it.
- THEMES: list any issues this book deals with, for example: (love, friendship, drug abuse, apocalypse, etc.)
3. Once you have finished your review, update the PROJECTS page of your e-Portfolio with your Hero's Journey Essay. Add a brief write-up so that your audience knows what assignment this was and what you were asked to do.
On your BLOG page, add your book review as a new post.
4. Hit "publish" and copy/paste the blue link to your e-Portfolio beneath your book review before uploading it to Canvas.
- Quarter 1 Book Review
- E-Portfolio Update