1. Read your Quarter 1 Book for 10 minutes.
2. Reading Journal: For five minutes, write about what your character is struggling with. Cite a piece of evidence from the text and explain how it shows this struggle.
3. Daily Dose of Grammar:
Which word would you use in each sentence? Choose between the bold words.
- Looking at the state of your room, I can imply/infer that you are having trouble with organization.
- When you say, "I wish you texted me more often," are you implying/inferring that I'm ghosting you?
4. UPDATE YOUR E-PORTFOLIOS on weebly with the the following (and submit the link once you're done):On the PROJECTS page, add your resume (in the "build" tab, drag the "Scribd Document" icon on your Projects page and then just upload your resume. This will visually display your resume well and make it look clean and clear.)
Once your resume is uploaded, answer FIVE of these commonly-asked interview questions (You MUST include the first question; for the rest, pick four you feel most apply to you). Add them either in quick video or text form next to or below your resume.
Commonly-asked interview questions:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your biggest weaknesses?
- What are your biggest strengths?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Out of all the other candidates, why should we hire you?
- Why do you want this job?
- What do you consider your biggest professional achievement?
- Tell me about the last time a co-worker or customer got angry with you. How did you handle the situation?
- Describe your dream job.
- Why do you want to leave your current job?
- What kind of work environment do you like best?
- Tell me about the toughest decision you had to make in the last six months.
- What is your leadership style?
- Tell me about a time you disagreed with a decision. What did you do?
- How do you think other people would describe you?
On your phone or Chromebook, make a quick VIDEO answering the 5 questions you chose, then upload this video to your @granitesd.org Youtube channel (log in with your @granitesd.org email and password, then upload this to your channel. You can keep it "unlisted" if you don't want people to just find the video). Add this to your Projects page with your resume. If you don't want to be seen on video, you can always type up your answers and publish them that way, but I really suggest you get comfortable talking on camera since that's where a lot of communication is going. Don't stress about it being perfect but try your best.
Make sure your HOME page contains the following:
- 3-5 sentence bio (stay in third person)
- One short-term (before graduation) and one long-term (post graduation) goal and three things you are going to do to achieve each
- Answers to the 3 Questions:
- Who does society tell you to be?
- Who are you really?
- Who do you want to be?
Updated e-portfolio link