Finish the rough draft of your Hero's Journey using your outline from last period and this checklist. Aim for 800-1,000 words.
Make sure you included the following:
- Write your story in as much sensory detail as possible; use I-statements.
- Detail and explain each stage of the Hero's Journey and show how they apply to your story.
- Identify one polarity and explain how you dealt with it or how it shaped you.
- Wrap up with any goals this journey has given you and how you are planning to pursue them.
We will split this period into 15-minute writing sprints in which you'll write as much of your rough draft as possible.
After your 15-minute timer is up, spend 5 minutes reading a partner's work and add a comment to their work with two pieces of feedback:
- something you like about their writing
- something you feel they could improve
To submit, click on "Share", click on "Get Shareable Link" and make sure to set it to "Anyone with the link can edit", then copy/paste the link to your doc into the Canvas assignment so I can give you feedback.
Link to completed rough draft (make sure it is set to "anyone with the link can edit"