1. Write for 10 minutes about the follow picture:
Write for 5 minutes.
3. Think of a mistake you made in your life that you have learned from. What was it? What did you learn?
4. Copy into your document and cold read Jessane Collins' A Mistake That Should Last a Lifetime.
What stands out to you? Include some notes on the bottom of your document.
5. Spend 15 minutes talking to the text. Comment and highlight to create at least three of the following:
- comments (details that stood out to you and why)
- connections (how can you connect this to your own life, something else you've read, or the wider world around you?)
- questions (What does this make you wonder or question?)
6. Write for 10-15 minutes about a mistake you learned from. Aim for 200-300 words for your rough draft.
- Writing Prompt
- Reflection on Influences
- Mistake brainstorming question
- "A Mistake That Should Last a Lifetime" annotations
- Mistake quickwrite