Language Objective: I will write a rough draft of my flash fiction pieces.
SURVEY: LAST TWO WEEKS OF THE QUARTER
1. Writing Prompt: Write for 10 minutes:
3. Write your rough draft of your flash fiction piece. Pay close attention to the following:
- Use both explicit and implicit characterization
- Use unique, non-cliche significant details
- Make sure your story focuses on a moment of action
- Make sure your story has a beginning, middle, and end
- While your final draft should be 300 words exactly (no more, no less), don’t worry about your overall word count in this first draft. Just tell the story.
4. Share your story with a partner. Discuss what is working well and what you are stuck with--they might help get you un-stuck.
5. Read your Book Club Book for the last ten minutes of class. In your doc, briefly reflect on your reading by adding a 5-sentence summary of what you read:
- Sentence 1: Summary of what you read
- Sentences 2-4: Details that stood out to you and your reaction to them
- Sentence 5: What is your takeaway from what you read?
- Submit your prompt, outline organizer, and the rough draft of your flash fiction piece in one document on CANVAS