Language Objective: I will collaboratively discuss and analyze conflict and satire in The Princess Bride.
1. Read your Quarter 4 Book for 10 minutes.
2. Reading Journal: What is the main conflict in your novel? What obstacles do the main characters have to overcome and what is standing in their way?
Write for 5 minutes.
3. Daily Dose of Grammar:
- Hiking up the trail, the birds chirped loudly.
- Hiking up the trail, we quickly got tired.
- Hiking up the trail, you can see stunning views.
4. Review: The Princess Bride Chapter 5 Summary
With your group, choose one satirical element that really stands out to you in The Princess Bride so far:
5. Select one member of your group to open a copy of the Focus Notes Template for your group and share this template with the rest of your group via GoogleDrive (you all may want to type your email addresses into the "share" section.).
This person is your Taskmaster and is responsible for keeping you on task.
Note that you will all be working in the same document at the same time. Make sure to color-code (pick your favorite color) your answers.
6. Use your Focus Notes Template as you read Chapter 7:
Remember, the left side is for summaries of your notes:
On the right side, make sure each of you leaves at least three comments on the following (color-code your answers; choose your favorite color for the text you are contributing):
- What are the main ideas in this chapter?
- What satirical elements do you encounter in this chapter?
- How does the conflict develop in this chapter?
7. Once you are done reading, pick one Summarizer, who is going to summarize your notes on the left side of your notes. For example, if you are talking about what is happening in the chapter on the right, the Summarizer may write "Summary" on the left to let you know what these notes are about.
8. Pick one Speaker to be your group's spokesperson in the class discussion of this chapter.
9. For your Exit Ticket, each of you will add your Summary/Reflection to the Summary/Reflection box. What did you get out of this chapter? Remember to color-code your answers.
10. Copy/paste your group's Focus Notes into your GoogleDoc for today and upload it to Canvas.
Make sure your GoogleDoc for today includes:
- Your Reading Journal and Grammar
- One satirical element that really stood out to you in The Princess Bride
- Your Group's Focus Notes including your Summary/Reflection