1. Read I Am Malala, Chapter 12 "The Bloody Square", pages 147-153.
- Make one connection to what you read in this chapter (cite textual evidence).
- List the most important line or passage in this chapter and justify why it's the most important (include textual evidence).
- Ask one question that shows a deeper understanding of what you read. Justify why your question is a good one.
2. Vlog Assignment:
With a partner or groups up to three, decide on an informational video blog topic (you may use any of the topics you covered in your letters to your representatives or come up with a new topic).
- length 3-5 minutes
- must be informational
- should be on one of your topics from your letter to your representative
- must contain at least one infographic
- must contain at least five cited sources of information
Your schedule for this assignment is as follows:
- Tuesday, December 12: Research (information, data, pictures)
- Thursday, December 14: Outline, storyboard, and script vlog
- Monday, December 18: iMovie tutorial; start working on vlog
- Wednesday, December 20: Continue working on vlog
- Tuesday, January 2: Finish and upload vlog
- Thursday, January 4: View and evaluate vlog
3. With your partner(s) [up to three people max], decide and sign up for a topic for your vlog, then complete the Vlog Research list here.
4. Exit Ticket: Add the following notes to your shared research document:
- Why did you choose the topic you decided on?
- How did you check the credibility of your sources?
- How are your planning to work effectively as a group? Have you split/delegated any roles?
- What are three major questions you hope to answer in your vlog?
- Reading Journal
- Vlog Research (shared document)
- Exit Ticket