Vote on a Rule for Cellphone Use:
1A Rule Votes
4A Rule Votes
1. Browse current news for ten minutes and make a list of the following:
- 3 issues that are currently in the news (make sure these issues are credible and relevant).
- 2 issues you feel people should know more about.
- 1 question regarding current events and news you have always wondered about.
To find current events from credible sources, check out one or more of the following:
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post
- The Wall Street Journal
- Huffington Post
- The Salt Lake Tribune
- The Deseret News
2. Use one of the issues you have listed above (or another issue of your own choosing) and complete the Issue Assessment Worksheet for this issue.
3. After completing the worksheet, highlight the areas you feel show how individuals and groups of people are the most affected by this issue. Highlight at least one bullet point per section to identify areas you should focus on in your research.
4. Start researching more information about this issue. Copy the links for your research into your GoogleDoc. Include how you made sure that your sources are credible (use the CRAAP Test) and list any pieces (statistics, quotes, etc.) from your research that you're planning to use in your document for today.
5. Exit Ticket: What is the most important piece of information you have found about your chosen issue?
- Current Events 3-2-1 List
- Issue Assessment and highlights
- Exit Ticket