1. Read I AM MALALA Ch. 10 "Toffee, Tennis Balls, and the Buddhas of Swat" (p. 123-134)
2. Finish rough drafting your letter to your representative and check it through both Grammarly and Hemingway.
3. Spend 15 minutes polishing and tightening your writing. Check every sentence for anything you could say in fewer words or in more precise language. Make sure you have used at least three sources to back up your claim.
4. Self-Assess your work. Copy/paste the Letter to Representative Rubric into the bottom of your document, then assess and score yourself for each category. Be honest about your scoring and on the bottom, explain why you gave yourself the score you did in 3-5 sentences.
5. Using the rubric, ask two others to give you feedback on your letter. Use comments and suggestions to do this.
6. Polish your letter. Make sure to double-check it against the Letter to Representative Rubric.
7. Format your letter: 12 pt. Times New Roman, single-spaced. Include your and your representative's contact info (typically their contact info at the top, and your contact information [name, email, and address] after your closing.
Send the letter/email/use your representative's contact form and take a screen shot of your sent confirmation.
Add your screenshot into the bottom of your draft (copy/paste) and submit your letter on Canvas.
- Submit the final, edited and polished version of your Letter to Representative (include the screenshot showing that you sent it) on Canvas