1. Go to kahoot.it to take the English 12 Disclosure Quiz.
2. Warm-Up: On a sticky note, write down ONE open-ended question that would help you truly get to know someone else's STORY.
- In your group, ask each group member your question and actively listen to your group's answers
- Once you are done, as a group, decide which question you feel is the most effective, giving you the most insight into other people's stories.
- Visit with each group and list the question each group chose in your Google Doc. You will need them for your Exit Ticket.
3. Think-Pair-Share: With an elbow partner, talk about what your definition of "active listening" is:
- What do you do when you actively listen?
- What does this look like?
- What does this feel like to everyone involved?
4. Quickwrite: In your Google Doc, answer the following questions:
- Why is listening to others powerful for us personally?
- Why is being listened to powerful for us personally?
- Why is listening to others difficult sometimes?
- What are some things we can do to make others feel like we’re really listening to them?
5. In the next 10 minutes, draft about 5 open-ended questions that could help you really get to know someone else's story, whether you already know them or not.
6. Exit Ticket: Choose one of the questions selected by the groups from #2 to answer. Write for five minutes.
- Sticky Note Question
- On your Google Doc (use the same "Effective Interviews" doc from last time and submit this to the assignments with the same title on Canvas):
- Interview Questions
- Exit Ticket